The Holiday Season is upon us again. I love celebrating Christmas with family and friends and making them a little something to show how much I love them! Below you can find the free crochet pattern of my Mini Stocking Ornaments Crochet Pattern! Thank you for stopping by Jo’s Crafty Hook! I pray you ALL have a Wonderful Holiday Season!
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using these links I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you.)
Be sure to sign up for my Newsletter while you are here. This way you won’t miss out on these little roundups, blog hops, and when I add free crochet pattern s on my website!
I decided to add some step by step pictures to go along with the mini stocking ornament crochet pattern. So let’s get started.
US Hook G/4.50 mm
20 yards of #4 Red or Green Worsted Weight Yarn
5 yards of #4 White Worsted Weight Yarn
CH = Chain
SS = Slip Stitch
SC = Single Crochet
SC2TOG instructions on YouTube here.
In this pattern you will be going around the chain, in the top and bottom part of the chain. If you need help here are some instructions from YouTube.
MC = Main Color
CC= Contrast Color
SC2TOG instructions from YouTube here.
RSC = Reverse Single Crochet instructions from YouTube here.
- In this pattern you will be going around the chain, in the top and bottom part of the chain. If you need help here are some instructions from YouTube.
- At the end of each Round there won’t be a Join. This is where the Stitch Marker will come in handy.
- Red is the MC and White is CC.
- On Round 16 there are 3 options on how to finish the top of the stocking. Try them all and see which one you prefer.
Mini Stocking Ornament
With MC Chain 10
You will be going around the chain.
R1: Put 2 sc in the 2nd ch from hook, sc in the next 7 sc, add 2 sc in the last st. Turn the chain upside down and add 2 more sc in the same st, sc in the next 7 sc, and add 2 sc in the underside of the 1st chain. (22 sc)
R2-R3: sc in the 1st sc made in the previous row and place your stitch marker in that sc. sc in the next 21 sc. (22 sc)
R4: sc in the 1st sc made in the previous row and place your stitch marker in that sc. sc in the next 7 st, sc2tog 3 times, sc in the next 8 st. (16 sc + 3 sctog)
R5: sc in the 1st sc made in the previous row and place your stitch marker in that sc. Sc in the next 7 st, sc2tog 2 times, sc in the next 7 st. (15 sc + 2 sc2tog)
R6: sc in the 1st sc made in the previous row and place your stitch marker in that sc. Sc in the next 7 st, sc2tog time, sc in the next 7 st. (15 sc + 1 sc2tog)
R7-R14: sc in the 1st sc made in the previous row and place your stitch marker in that sc. Sc in the next 15 st. (16 sc)
At the end of Round 14 ss in the 1st sc made of Round 14 and join. Fasten Off and change color.
R15: Attach White yarn at the back side of the Stocking. Sc around. ss in 1st st to join. (16 sc)
Option 1 for R16: ch 1, sc 2 times in the same st and in each stitch around. SS in 1st st to join. (32 sc)
Option 2 for R16: ch 1, reverse sc in the same stitch and each st around. (16 rsc) As you can see my pattern testers LOVED the Reverse Single Crochet!
Option 3 for R16: Turn, ch 1, sc 2 times in the same st and in each stitch around. (32 sc) ss in 1st st to join.
R17: Turn, ch 1, sc in the same st and in each st around. (32 sc) Ss in 1st st to join. Fasten off. These 2 rounds created a cuff that you can fold down, if you prefer.
(Optional) Finishing Stocking:
Here you will be making your “Loop” that you use to attach the ornament to the tree or whatever you will be hanging it from. I chained 5 which makes a small “Loop” for me to attach the mini stocking ornament to my tree but you can chain as many as you like.
After you join on Round 16 ch 1, sc in same st, ch 5, and sc in same st.
Fasten off and weave in loose ends with Tapestry Needle.
Congratulations! You now have a 4 inch Mini Stocking Ornament.
There are SO many things you can do with these mini stocking ornaments! You can crochet more and hang them from your tree. You can crochet more and connect them creating a garland. You can crochet more and use them to hold tiny gifts for your loved ones! You can give them as a gift! The list goes on and on!
Thank you for trying my Mini Stocking Ornament Crochet Pattern! Please leave a comment about my pattern or even suggestions about the Mini Stocking Ornament Crochet Pattern. I would LOVE to see your version of my pattern! You can use #ministockingornament #ministocking #joscraftyhook #joeyleabaird at any of the social media sites listed below.
Find me, Jo of Jo’s Crafty Hook Designs at any one of these places listed below!
From the Designer:
- Thank you for your interest in this crochet pattern! Check out some of my patterns at my Ravelry Store Jo’s Crafty Hook Designs or Love Craft Jo’s Crafty Hook Designs or my Etsy Shop JosCraftyHook or at my website joscraftyhook.com! While you are at my website be sure to subscribe to my Newsletter. This way you will be notified when I release another pattern, have a giveaway and more!
- If you have any questions or concerns about this pattern or any other pattern please find me at Jo’s Crafty Hook Designs on Facebook or email me at email@example.com
- You are free to sell or gift the item, please do NOT claim this design as your own. Please forward any one who would like to do this crochet pattern or any of my patterns to my Etsy shop, the Ravelry Store, or to my website. The web addresses for any place to connect with me are listed below.
- Every purchase of my patterns helps! It allows me to buy more yarn so I can create and design more Handmade Crocheted Creations for you to enjoy.
- I would LOVE to see your version of my designs! You can “Hook It” at my Ravelry Jo’s Crafty Hook Designs OR add a pic on my Facebook Page Jo’s Crafty Hook Designs OR at anyone of the places below that allows you to connect with me! Comments, Feedback, etc. are ALWAYS welcome at my website www.joscraftyhook.com!