It seems like every crochet designer I know are creating beautiful crochet patterns for Mug Rugs, so I decided to design my own mug rugs and share the crochet pattern with you for free. The Tulip Mug Rugs Free Crochet Pattern was designed using a version of the Tulip Stitch. There are many versions of the Tulip Stitch to choose from. I decided to use the easiest one. No matter your skill level, this crochet pattern is easy to follow.
If you have been to my website and checked out some of my free crochet patterns, than you have seen my Tulip Sweater Vest crochet pattern. If you are new to my website, welcome! My Tulip Sweater Vest crochet pattern can be found here. It really is a beautiful design! What do you think? I would love your input! You can use the Comments Box below!
Tulip Mug Rugs Crochet Pattern
100-200 yards of #3 or DK weight cotton. I used Lion Brand Comfy Cotton
US G Hook or 4mm
5.5” wide x 5” long
5 Shells x 10 Rows = 4”
Gauge/Gauge Swatch is not needed for this pattern. Due to different thicknesses of DK weight cotton, your mug rug may measure differently from mine. If your mug rug is smaller or larger, try going up or down a hook size.
ch = chain
st = stitch
sc = single crochet
dc = double crochet
fsc = foundation single crochet
Shell = 2 dc, ch 2, sc all in the same stitch
Make 4 or as many as you like.
R1: fsc 19 turn or ch 22, add 2 dc, ch 2, sc all in the 4th ch from hook (shell made). *skip 2 st, shell in the next st* Repeat from * to * to the end of the row. turn
R2: ch3, dc, ch 2, sc all in the ch 2 space, *shell in next ch 2 space* Repeat from * to * to the end of the row.
R3: ch 3, turn, dc, ch 2, sc all in the ch 2 space. *shell in the ch 2 space.* Repeat from * to * to the end of the row.
R4- R12: Repeat R3.
Fasten off and weave in the ends.
The Tulip Mug Rugs Free Crochet Pattern has been tested by experienced crocheters. Thank you Ami Anderson and Christina Anderson, your time and sacrifice are greatly appreciated! Check out their version below.
I would LOVE to see your version of the Tulip Mug Rugs! You can send me a pic and what you think of the pattern at any of the social media links below.
Find me, Jo of Jo’s Crafty Hook Designs at any one of these places listed below!
Etsy Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/JosCraftyHook
If you have any comments, questions, feedback, or you would like to see more free crochet patterns I would LOVE to hear from you! You can your information in the comment box below. Again, I would LOVE to hear from you!
Also, if you would like to donate to help me keep my website going or to help me be able to purchase more yarn so you can see new crochet designs, it would be greatly appreciated.
From the Designer:
- Thank you for your interest in this crochet pattern! Check out some of my patterns at my Ravelry Store Jo’s Crafty Hook Designs or Etsy Shop JosCraftyHook or at my website joscraftyhook.com! While you are at my website be sure to subscribe to my Mailing List and Newsletter. This way you will be notified when I release another pattern or blog post!
- If you have any questions or concerns about this pattern or any other pattern please find me at Jo’s Crafty Hook Designs on Facebook or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You are free to sell or gift the item, please do NOT claim this design as your own. Please forward any one who would like to do this crochet pattern or any of my patterns to my Etsy shop, the Ravelry Store, or to my website. The web addresses for any place to connect with me are listed below.
- Every purchase of my patterns helps! It allows me to buy more yarn so I can create and design more Handmade Crocheted Creations for you to enjoy.
- I would LOVE to see your version of my designs! You can “Hook It” at my Ravelry Jo’s Crafty Hook Designs OR add a pic on my Facebook Page Jo’s Crafty Hook Designs OR at anyone of the places below that allows you to connect with me! Pictures, Comments, Feedback, etc. are ALWAYS welcome at my website www.joscraftyhook.com!