Although I designed the Wrapped in Love Headband Crochet Pattern in mind, it would make a perfect gift for Valentine’s Day or Sweetheart’s Day. You can crochet this for the ones you love, whether it is a person or an animal, as you can see by the picture below. lol
You can find the free crochet pattern for the Child Size version of the Wrapped in Love Headband below. I don’t want to take away from the importance of Cancer Awareness.
October is Cancer Awareness Month and the Wrapped in Love Headband Crochet Pattern was designed specifically for Cancer Awareness Month. There are a number of crochet patterns in the Wrapped In Love Line (see below) that are dedicated to the women in my family who have faced one type of cancer or another and SURVIVED! I am SO thankful to God for delivering them from this horrible disease!
This post contains affiliate links. You can make a purchase using these links that I provide where I may receive compensation (at no added cost to you.) Purchases you make will help keep my website and crochet pattern stores going and provide quality designs just for you!
As a Scoliosis Survivor, I know some of the struggles cancer patients go through. I deal with chronic pain, anxiety, depression and more. Cancer patients may go through these things as well. Surviving Scoliosis is an ongoing battle, that is why I am so thankful the women in my family battled cancer and survived!
The Wrapped in Love Headband uses the same technique found in the Wrapped in Love Hat and Cowl set crochet patterns that can be found on my website here. There are a number of Video Tutorials from my YouTube Channel here that do Row by Row with you. If you would like to receive the FREE PDF version of this pattern you can find it at any of my stores listed below.
You can also find the Summer of Love Tank Top crochet pattern here on my website as well. The Summer of Love Tank Top uses the same Video Tutorials as the hat, cowl, and headband. You can find the Video Tutorials at my YouTube channel here as well.
The Wrapped In Love Headband and Summer of Love Tank Top are just some of the crochet patterns you can find in the Wrapped In Love Line. The Wrapped In Love Headband crochet pattern is another quick one that those with Scoliosis or chronic pain sufferers or anyone can do because it is a ‘short and sweet’ pattern. lol So scroll down and let’s get started!
Wrapped in Love Headband Crochet Pattern
US Hook I or 5.5 mm
200-500 yards of Main Color #4 Worsted Weight Yarn 100-400 yards of 100-200 yards of Contrasting Color #4 Worsted Weight Yarn
Ch = Chain
St = Stitch
SC = Single Crochet
DC = Double Crochet
SS = Slip Stitch
FDC = Foundation Double Crochet (My YouTube video here.)
LDC = Long Double Crochet (My YouTube video here.)
Beg Shell = Ch 3, DC, ch 1, 2 DC all in the same stitch (YouTube Video here.)
Shell = 2 DC, ch 1, 2 DC all in same stitch (YouTube Video here.)
Hook U.S. I/5.5 mm
8 DC x 4 Rows = 2”
Ch 14, R1: dc in the 4th st from Hook. Turn (12 dc)
R2-R4: Ch 3 and dc in each st across. Turn (12 dc)
- Headband is worked in the Round. Slip stitch into the 1st stitch, the chain space or stitch specified.
- Ch 3 does count as a DC
- Shells made create the Heart
- The Headband is Reversible and can be worn either way.
- Sizes are for 0-12 months, 1-4 year, 5-10 year and Teen/Small Adult, Medium Adult, and Large Adult.
- Headband can be worked in 1 Color as well.
R1: With Main Color FDC 49, 56, 63, 70, 77. Sl st in beginning fdc to join. 49 (56, 63, 70, 77) FDC
Use Tapestry Needle to close FDC.
Change to Contrasting Color to make Hearts
R2: Attach Hot Pink in 1st fdc. [Ch 3, dc, ch 1, 2 dc all in same stitch. (Beg Shell) made] ch 2, skip 6 st, 2 dc, ch 1. 2 dc all in the same stitch. (Shell made). *Ch 2, skip 6 st, Shell in next st.* Repeat from * to * around. Ch 2 and ss in top of ch 3 of Beg Shell. (7, 8, 9, 10, 11 Shells)
Change to Main Color
R3: ss in ch 1 sp of Beg Shell, ch 1, sc in same st., *ch 2, skip 2 dc from previous row, 1 ldc in next 2 st, ch 2, sc in ch 1 space of next Shell.* Repeat from * to * around. Ss in sc to join.
R4: ch 3, dc in each st around. (49, 56, 63, 70, 77 DC)
Newborn to 12 months Stop Here
Repeat R2-R4 ending with R4 or until Headband measures 2-3”
5 to 10 years
Repeat R2-R4 ending with R4 until Headband measures 3-4”
R5-R11: Repeat R2-R4 ending with R4 or until Headband measures 5-6”
Medium to Large Adult
R5-R14: Repeat R2-R4 ending with R4 or until Headband measures 7-8”
Use Tapestry Needle to weave in ends.
Designing crochet patterns is something I enjoy. Designing crochet patterns with my loved ones in mind, I have created an eBook that contains 12 crochet patterns designed specifically for Cancer Awareness Month. Part of the proceeds collected from the sale of the Wrapped in Love Line eBook will be donated to the American Cancer Society in recognition of my family members who fought and won the battle with cancer. You can find the eBook in my Etsy Shop here.
Here are a few of the crochet patterns included in the Wrapped in Love Line eBook.
From the Designer:
- You are free to sell or give as a gift, the Wrapped in Love Headband. Please forward any one who would like to do this crochet pattern or any one of my crochet patterns to my Etsy shop, Ravelry, or to my website. There are more than one place to connect with me below. “
- Every purchase of my crochet patterns helps! It allows me to keep my website going and to buy more yarn so I can create and design more Handmade Crocheted Creations for you to enjoy. Donations are accepted as well as the purchase of my patterns.
- Thank you for purchasing the Wrappen in Love Headband Crochet Pattern! Check out my other GREAT patterns at my Etsy Shop JosCraftyHook OR my website joscraftyhook.com OR at Ravelry under Jo’s Crafty Hook Designs! If you have any questions or concerns about any pattern find me at Jo’s Crafty Hook Designs on Facebook!
- I would LOVE to see your version of my Wrapped in Love Headband! You can “Hook It” to my Ravelry account Jo’s Crafty Hook OR at my Facebook Page Jo’s Crafty Hook OR at anyone of the places below that allows you to connect with me! Please use #wilheadband or #jostwisted when sharing on Social Media. Pictures, Comments, Feedback, etc. are ALWAYS welcome at my website www.joscraftyhook.com!
Find me, Joey Lea Baird, Jo of Jo’s Crafty Hook’s at any one of these places listed below!
Etsy Shop: www.etsy.com/shop/JosCraftyHook